Dark spots are always a pain and something most of us have experienced at least once in our lives. Dark spots occur in two different kinds of settings and can be split into two different categories; there are dark spots that appear as a result of post- inflammatory hyperpigmentation, which show up as pink toned or dark colored spots. The second category of dark spots can be identified by the skin texture changing around a specific area where the dark spots may occur, which is caused by scarring. The pigmented scars are caused by injuries in the pigment forming layer of the epidermis, where as textured scars are caused by actual tears in the dermis. To learn how to affectively treat and remove all dark spots at home keep on reading!
What Are The Key Ingredients to Remove Dark Spots At Home?
The ingredients we will be utilizing in this post are Papaya, Aloe Vera, Turmeric, Almond Oil, and Tomatoes. Tomatoes are most beneficial for reversing the photo damage on the skin caused by the suns strong and harmful UV rays. Aloe Vera is perfect for reversing as well as clearing up any scarring that may have taken place over time onto the skin. Papaya will be used to exfoliate which will help to remove the dead skin cells brightening the dark spots and reveal more of the healthy skin cells. Almond Oil is amazing for helping the skin to stay soft and lush, which will help to soothe the skin and reduce the appearance of dark spots. Turmeric will help to even the skin tone balancing and clearing the appearance of the dark spots, reducing any inflammation.
How To Use Each Ingredient To Clear Up the Skin Quickly
- Instead of slathering this ingredient on your face this ingredient is actually most beneficial when ingested and taken by mouth, if you mix tomato paste with olive oil and ingest about 40 and 55 milligrams of it a day will result in extreme protection from photo damage. If you're not a huge tomato fan you can try this technique with any other similarly- hued foods such as grapefruit, watermelon, red peppers, and guava.
• Aloe Vera
- If you're dark spots were not caused by hyperpigmentation, but rather are caused by scars, this will be the perfect ingredient for you! Scarring is more likely to occur in melanin rich skin. One of the most beneficial ways to use aloe vera to improve your health on the inside and out is by ingesting it in the form of aloe vera drinks. Another way you can use this ingredient is by applying it to the outside of the skin to create a moisturizer and add more moisture to the dark spots as moisture will help to relieve the appearance of the dark spots. You can apply this as a moisturizer and healer by breaking off one of the plants leaves and dabbing the sticky substance to your scar immediately. If you don't have access to the plant, aloe vera gel can work just as well!
- Papaya works well because it has natural fruit acids called alpha- hydroxy acids, which are chemical exfoliants. This ingredient will help to naturally brighten the dark spots in a healthy yet fast manner, to use papaya to receive the fullest benefit to yourself and best treatment to your dark spots, all you have to do is simply mash up a ripe papaya in a bowl and the apply the mask to your clean skin. After the mask has dried and you're about to remove it, gently ru the mask on your face in a circular motion to receive the benefits of an exfoliant to remove the top layer of dead skin.
• Almond Oil
- This is the ultimate ingredient for smoothed skin, most skin exfoliants I've made myself will always have a few drops of this because it works THAT well! This is also amazing for strengthening the overall texture of the skin. The presence of the Vitamin E that this oil contains is what makes it the most beneficial and helpful for hyperpigmentation and the overall health of improving your overall skin tone. Also, almond oil is extremely beneficial because it won't clog up your pores, making it an amazing ingredient to add to your nightly routine to assist you in removing your makeup to help you to protect and preserve the skin barriers.
- Our last ingredient, turmeric, is going to help the most with helping to even out your skin tone! It's been shown as well to inhibit the skin's melanin production, which will in turn results in spots caused by hyperpigmentation. To fade away dark spots with turmeric, create a mask using one part turmeric and one part honey and apply it to your dark spots to watch them fade away!